Our wedding anniversary is coming up so I told my husband I wanted to celebrate by going to a vegan restaurant. Now when I told him I was doing this he said he agrees that animals are mistreated. However, when I told him about the vegan restaurant he told me he would be sure to have a chicken sandwich before we go! I guess I will just have to exert whatever influence I have on him when we are together. He doesn't cook (well) and I do, so he will HAVE to eat my vegan dinners or starve (smile).
Now my Mom who lives with us is totally not going to change and I have to make some allowances, I suppose, since she is elderly but I haven't really been giving her any animal containing dinner, either. Well, she went out with my sister the other day and came home with a HUGE steak for herself. I wasn't going to cook it for her so she did that for herself last night and while she was eating she told me "that must have been an old cow because this is tough" and I know I am evil, but I thought it served her right for buying it. Eeek I am so mean.
Quote of the Week
11 years ago
5 comments:
Lol! You are so funny X:-)
I have learned that you just lead by example (with the whole vegan thing) and then you don't need to "say" anything... My husband 1st reacted with "Well ya aint makin be no bloomin hippy!" Now... he is looking down at his belly saying ooooh look it's getting smaller (I WONDER why?!!!) Yes you have the upper hand when you are the chief X;-)
My eldest daughter (I have 3 munchkins) has ALWAYS wanted to be a vegan/vegetarian... But because she also has severe food allergies and already has dietary restrictions we actually sometimes add an egg here or there or a piece fish (But very rarely-Just when our bodies SCREAM for it-Which is actually rarely for me but more often with her due to her high fitness schedule) I actually did the whole dietary change due to breast cancer (Diagnosed Chrissy 2005) and after the whole chemo trip l then opted out of mainstream meds (Radiation & hormone treatment) and looked at dietary links and discovered that MANY diseases are due to hormone imbalance which is then in turn due to the "crap" we eat... ! Easy peasy eat well, live well, eat wrong, die young... We just don't NEED all that fat in our bodies, it clogs up our whole systems...Stuffs up our immune systems so we get stuff like 'cancer' simple- I figure that's why cancer is so common (But you probably know all this already!) Next step is to detox the house (ie) washing powders, soaps, etc (I'm still making all those changes)... One thing at a time hey! X;-) Vicki x
(Ps) I still make a meat sauce occasionally for hubby and the younger kids but they have stopped asking for it now... It's working...slowly...(Ooops! Sorry about the loong blog!)
I agree with nollyposh up there! My boyfriend and I have been living together for five years, and he eats meat. I don't. I don't push the subject ever, but I always offer him yummy veggie dishes that he can't turn down. I sneak tofu into the mix sometimes too and that really throws him for a loop! I can tell over the years how his own eating habits have changed just from me being me and not forcing my ideals on him. It's all good.
Peace & Love.
Oh, Nollyposh, I am sorry to hear about the breast cancer. My sister had it also. Soy concerns me for that reason so I am using it somewhat sparingly. Anyway, you are right, it just makes sense to eat this way for health reasons as well as for the animules. I am not forcing my husband to eat this way but he is pretty openminded when it comes to food. He will eat just about anything I put in front of him so that is nice. We are making progress so that is what counts!
Talk to you soon and please don't apologize for the long blog--it is nice hearing from you!
Hi Connie,
Yes, I guess that is the way to go--just lead by example and like I said to Nollyposh, my husband will eat just about anything I put in front of him so he is eating healthier at least for dinner and the weekends.
<3<3<3
HeY gIrL!!! WHERE are YA??? xox
Post a Comment